We all seem to have a lot on our minds these days in our great city of Calgary. I would say more than usual. There is no question that we are all subject to the stress of life and it affects us all. We thought a few tips and reminders would be helpful in us all getting through our days with better health, energy, and peace of mind.
1. Awareness. – Awareness is the greatest agent to change. Make it a habit to check in with your mind and body on a regular basis. We all know the feeling of being stressed and thoughts that go through our minds that get us there. By being in tune, it gives us the chance to realize when we are stressed, and actually do something about it!
2. Realize that events are events. – It is always our reaction to the events in our lives that determine our experience of them. – Simple quote from Hamlet “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so”.
3. Know when to hold ‘em. Know when to fold ‘em. – Thank you Kenny Rogers. Most things we have little to no control over. Putting time and energy into these things is stressful and exhausting. Do what you can about any given situation, then let it go.
4. Gratefulness changes perspective. – Regardless of the situation, there is always something to be thankful for. Focusing on the blessings and positives in our lives will always result in less tension in our mind and our body.
5. Take care of yourself. – We can only give what we’ve got. If our life is handing us many demands, being balanced, strong, well rested, and properly nourished will always allow us to handle things better. At the end of the day…it is all about keeping your mind and your body in a place of peace and trust. Not always easy to do for sure, but with consciousness and practice, we can go through our days happier and healthier.
Dr. Richard Yoshimura