Upon entering our office, our receptionist will welcome you as a member of our family and provide you with the necessary paperwork we will need you to fill out prior to your visit. This paperwork provides us with your health history and information on your condition.
Posture & Nerve Scanning
One of our wonderful Chiropractic Assistants will then complete a posture analysis with you, as well as a comprehensive nerve and muscle scan with our CLArity Insight software. We will also get a foot scan for your records in case the Doctor recommends orthotics as an option.
Next, you will have a consultation with one of our Doctors to discuss your health-related problems, concerns, and potential treatment options. This initial visit is designed for your Doctors to learn more about you, your condition, and expectations to determine how your care will meet your goals.
After your consultation, we will perform a complete examination with detail that is probably unlike any you have had before. Posture, flexibility, strength, nerve function, balance, and many more vital aspects of your body’s health and performance. Here we are able to observe and test in order to gather the information to connect the dots and determine the source reason for your problem.
Depending on your specific condition, we may request X-rays as well. X-rays help us develop the most effective treatment plan for you, and alert us of any serious spinal conditions. Most people are amazed once they see their X-rays up close. In some cases, they can even identify their misalignments and degeneration themselves.
Report of Findings
Once you’ve had your x-rays taken and your exam results have been reviewed, we will book your follow-up appointment with the Doctor and they will give you a detailed report of all findings and answer any questions including:
- How can you help me?
- How often do I need to come in?
- How much will it cost?
After reviewing your health history, goals, and examining your spine and X-rays, we will discuss recommendations and notify you if your condition requires care with other providers. The Doctor will provide the best treatment and wellness program for your needs and wishes.
At the conclusion of the report of findings, you can choose to experience your first treatment. This may include spinal adjustments, physical therapy, and/or soft tissue massage. Treatment is interactive, so you can express concerns about the different styles of treatment any time.
How Should I Prepare?
Your Central Nervous System controls and regulates every cell, tissue, organ, and system in your body. During your check you will undergo extensive neurological testing. Please be aware of the following as they can influence the results of your exam.
- Avoid consumption of coffee, tea and soda the morning of the examination
- Nicotine is a nervous system stimulant; try to limit your intake prior to your examination.
- Many over-the-counter and prescription drugs (including muscle relaxers) affect the nervous system; if at all possible avoid these on the day of your examination.
- On the day of your examination avoid excessive sun exposure to insure an accurate scan.
- Avoid application of bath salts, oils, creams and sunscreens on your skin as they can influence instrument sensitivity.
- If at all possible avoid going for a work out the morning of your examination. Vigorous activity can exaggerate your scan results.
- Massage therapy is not recommended for 48 hours prior to your examination.
Stress, depression, anxiety or emotional upsets can affect nervous system tension. Please advise the doctor on the day of your examination if you are experiencing an increased level of stress compared to a typical day.