Upon entering our office, our receptionist will welcome you as a member of our family and provide you with the necessary paperwork we will need you to fill out prior to your visit. This paperwork provides us with your health history and information on your condition.
Meet Your Therapist
You will then be taken to a second waiting area where you will meet your therapist and be taken to a treatment room. Your therapist will go over your paperwork with you and ask you questions specific to your condition and what you hope to achieve with massage therapy. You will then be asked to remove your shoes, clothing and jewelry and to make yourself comfortable on the massage table.
During the massage your therapist will use massage oils directly on your skin. (If you are receiving a stone or raindrop massage, other products specific to those treatments will also be used.) Please inform your therapist if you have any specific allergies to the oils used. You are always in control of the care you receive here at Glow; if you are experiencing discomfort at any time or do not enjoy a particular technique please inform your therapist.
How Should I Prepare?
Here are a few things to keep in mind prior to arriving for your massage appointment:
- Make sure you are well hydrated before and after your massage.
- Please inform the front desk if you are pregnant before booking a massage.
- Refrain from eating a large meal prior to your session.
- If you are experiencing sickness or any skin irritation, such as rashes or sunburn you will want to reschedule your visit.
- It’s best to ensure you and your skin are clean the day of your massage.
- Please refrain from wearing lotions, oils and perfumes.